Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Divine Romance


Have you ever been on a date with someone and they gave you a sunset? I have. I have this relationship, a tough relationship on my part, that is with the Creator of the Universe. He loves to romance me in ways people can't imagine. Romance goes so much farther than lovey-dovey, puppy-love things that people think. Romance isn't just dinner dates and roses. Romance is a life long dance. Well, I am dancing with my Savior. Two left feet and trying to keep up but it doesn't matter how clumsy I am because he carries me through the dance. 


 While dancing it feels like home. It feels like a place that looks like eternity and you can't imagine anywhere else. The love is more than anyone or anything on this earth could handle. It is a divine romance. When dancing through life it makes the tears seem shorter, the growth less painful, the days better, the smiles sweeter, the dreams closer. It makes it feel like this is all worth it, that the outcome of life is worth every misstep and clumsy move here because once I am in heaven for the dance of eternity, I will no longer have a clumsy step. When dancing I feel like I am completely enthralled with his plan for my life.


There are moments that I stop dancing. That I push my romancer away and I stop listening. I tune out the music and I just let the missteps overtake me and bring me down. Those little voices that say, "it is all your fault," or "you're not good enough," or even "there is a better dance partner for you." I let those things keep me from my divine romance and those times I feel so far away. It is those times in life where I don't feel content with where I am at. That I feel like my Savior is farther than arms lengths away even though he is still standing next to me, hand out waiting for me to be willing to dance again.


 I become so swallowed in the darkness that I swear there was never a light, never a dance in the first place. This place only comes because my eyes were closed. Standing in darkness because I tuned out the music, closed my eyes and turned away from my Savior. When I opened my eyes again I could see him standing right there, willing to dance again. Not to condemn or to pout or be angry that I ignored him, just to dance again. Dancing to his very alive and beating heart. The same heart that stopped for me and conquered death for me. The experience of dancing with your Savior is one that is indescribable unless you have been the one waltzing with him.


Our God is greater than anything imaginable. Brighter than the sun, sweeter than sugar, stronger than any earthly material, and more forgiving than any soul on earth. He is truly the only one worthy to dance with. We can focus on our own two feet, or even attempt to dance with someone else who has two left feet, but knowing what a true divine romance is something that must be experienced. When dancing you know his heart is speaking straight to yours. I hope to dance with my Savior for the rest of eternity. When my flesh fails and I close my eyes to turn away from him, he will be the one to open my eyes and take my hand to dance once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment